Thursday 22 April 2010

WIDER THAN THE SKY

John Lennon is attributed with having said

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination"

which could also read:
“reality gives a lot to the imagination
I am in bed a lot these days and very comfortable.
I lie in my bed and gaze for hours out into the tree-top that graces the view from my window.
Quite soon, I become the tree then after quite a while,I am a wounded bird;
still, alone, healing in a downy nest.
Having become the bird ,it is not long before I am flying ,enjoying the freedom of the sky .
Looking down I can see the tree now fully in leaf and I can only imagine the comfort of the nest that awaits my joyful return to rest.


SOME QUOTES ON THE TOPIC OF IMAGINATION
“The world is but a canvas to the imagination” Henry David Thoreau

“Probably the difference between man and the monkeys is that the monkeys are merely bored, while man has boredom plus imagination” Lin Yutang “

It’s not what you look at that matters it’s what you see

Imagination is the living power and prime agent of all human perception” Coleridge


“The brain is wider than the sky - For put them side by side- The one the other will contain -with ease 
                                                                                                                                Emily Dickenson
 
IMAGINE
IMAGINE
IMAGINE
IMAGINE
IMAGINE
IMAGINE
IMAGINE


3 comments:

  1. I feel much better now thank you and enjoyed my time recuperating very much . It was wonderful to let go of "doing" and just be and dream .
    I hope you are well too.
    Be kind to your (real) self

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I've been having a rough time of it lately. But I won't intimate much of it at the moment other than I've family/legal and misguided unwanted help to contend with...plus I've got a stopped up washer slop sink, and have been carrying buckets of water while trying to do laundry. About ten loads of it...

    ReplyDelete

all comments welcome ... love to share ...everything and anything