Wednesday 13 October 2010

BIG BIRD BUILDS HOUSE



I’m growing rather fond of the big bird  on my block

I have become used to the fact that someone (an artist?)out there can see into my home.

I have also enjoyed immensely watching the Bauhaus type construction that is in progress .

It is ,as a whole, a very pleasing aesthetic experience of the urban variety.

The construction itself is so simple, it is a grid and a cube at that and that is rather pleasing in a rational sort of way and calls to mind Corbusier and Mondrian.

Here are some pictures of what I am priviledged to enjoy .



Combined with the crane it is reminiscent of Kandinsky and Klee


This sight (or should I say “site”) ticks quite few, aesthetic boxes for me.

I also love the way the concrete changes colour and when it first dried out to a white (bloom) it was quite spectacular and ticked a favourite aesthetic box for me.

Looking and seeing is such a joy and in the city we have to look quite hard for purity and essence of form.
 .
Ok so it is design  that Im seeing but  that crane driver is definitely an artist  .
Paul Klee

1 comment:

  1. SO glad you came onto my blog, because now I found YOURS!!! I would love your take on the architecture in the gaming industry; there is a game called Bioshock that takes place in an underwater 1920s style world, encrusted with barnicles... the detail is incredible.

    ReplyDelete

all comments welcome ... love to share ...everything and anything